The Almost People (Part II)
Series 6 Episode 6
As the solar storm rages, Jennifer, a Ganger driven mad by the memories of being "decommissioned", is seeking revenge.
She can remember every excruciating second of every "execution" and is determined that the humans will pay. And she isn't just talking war; she's talking revolution. As the crumbling factory fills with toxic fumes and drips lethal acid, the "Originals" wait desperately for the shuttle from the Mainland to rescue them. But Jennifer has other ideas. Can the Doctor convince the terrified factory workers to embrace their own humanity and work together with their Gangers to overcome a monster of their own making?
- Part two of a two part story.
- The Doctor Ganger: I've reversed the jelly baby of the neutron flow.
- The Doctor 1: Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
The Doctor 2: Inevitably.
The Doctor 1: You see,
I'm glad we're on the same...
The Doctor 2: ...wavelength. Great minds!
- The Doctor 2: Is that what you were thinking?
The Doctor 1: Yes, it's just so inspiring to hear me say it!
- The Doctor 2: So, what now, Doctor?
The Doctor 1: Well, time to get cracking, Doctor!
- Amy: I'm glad you've solved the problem of confusing!
The Doctor 1: That's sarcasm.
The Doctor 2: She's very good at sarcasm.
- Cleaves: (About the Gangers) Sorry, would you like a memo from the last meeting? They are trying to kill us!
- The Doctor 1: Yowza! An escape route! You know, I'm starting to get a sense of just how impressive it is to hang out with me.
The Doctor 2: Do we tend to say "Yowza"?
The Doctor 1: That's enough. Let it go, ok? We're under stress.
- Cleaves Ganger: I just want to be left to live in peace, Jen.
Jen Ganger: They will melt you! Have you become some human that you've forgotten the truth? Don't you remember all the times you were decommissioned, or should I say executed?
- Jen Ganger: It's us or them.
- Jen Ganger: The humans will be melted, as they deserve.
- Adam: Daddy?
The Doctor 1: You'll do, Jimmy. What does the other Jimmy matter now? You're both the same dad, aren't you?
- Jimmy: I'm quite handsome from this angle.
- The Doctor: I was going to drop you off for fish and chips first, but things happened and there was stuff and shenanigans. Beautiful word, shenanigans.
- Amy: Doctor, I am frightened. I'm properly, properly scared.
The Doctor: Don't be. Hold on. We're coming for you, I swear it. Whatever happens, however hard, however far, we will find you!
Amy: I'm right here!
The Doctor: No, you're not. You haven't been here for a long, long time.
- Eyepatch Lady: (To Amy) Well, dear, you're ready to pop, aren't you? Little one's on its way! Here it comes! Push!
||DVD & Blu-ray
Doctor Who - Series 6: Part 1
Buy DVD online: Amazon
Buy Blu-ray online: Amazon
Written by: Matthew Graham
Directed by: Julian Simpson
First transmitted on: Saturday 28th May 2011
Running Time: 45 minutes, 11 seconds
Setting: Earth, 22nd century
- Jimmy (Mark Bonnar)
- Buzzer (Marshall Lancaster)
- Jennifer (Sarah Smart)
- Foreman Cleaves (Raquel Cassidy)
- Dicken (Leon Vickers)
- Eyepatch Lady (Frances Barber)
- Adam (Edmond Moulton)