Space and Time
2011 Comic Relief Special
In a special Comic Relief episode, the TARDIS materialises inside itself and the time travelling trio come face to face with the unimaginable... another Amy Pond!
- A special mini-adventure written especially for Comic Relief, which aired in two parts ('Space' and 'Time') during Red Nose Day on Friday 18th March 2011.
- At the end of the episode, the title for the next episode is confirmed on screen as 'The Impossible Astronaut', however it had been revealed a few days earlier.
- Amy: (To the Doctor) Listen, can we talk?
The Doctor: Rory!
- Amy: (About Rory) Is he helping you fly the TARDIS!?
- Amy: How come he gets a go? You never let me have go!
Rory: Doctor, don't. Seriously. I let her drive my car once.
Amy: Yeah, to the end of the road!
Rory: Where, according to Amy, there was an 'unexpected house'...
- Amy: It was my fault.
The Doctor: Of course it wasn't your fault.
Rory: It kind of was her fault...
The Doctor: How could it be her fault!?
Amy: Because it was my skirt, and my husband... and your glass floor.
- The Doctor: The TARDIS has materialised inside itself.
Rory: Is that supposed to happen?
The Doctor: Take a guess.
The Doctor: That's the one.
- Rory: That is actually pretty cool!
The Doctor: Oh, I'm glad you're entertained, Rory, now that we're stuck here for all eternity. At least you
won't be bored!
- The Doctor: Nothing can enter or leave this ship ever again.
Second Amy: (Walks in) Ok, kids. This is where it gets complicated.
- Amy: Who the hell are you?
Second Amy: I'm you, from your future.
- Second Amy: The exterior shell of the TARDIS has drifted forwards in time. If you step into the box now, you step inside the control room a tiny bit into the past.
Amy: I don't understand.
Second Amy: Neither do I.
- Second Amy: I'm just remembering what I heard myself saying when I was standing where you are now and repeating it. I'm just repeating this too. And this. And this...
Amy: I still don't understand.
Second Amy: You still don't!
- Amy: Do I really look like that?
- The Doctor: This is how it all ends. Pond flirting with herself. True love at last. Oh, sorry Rory.
Rory: Absolutely no problem at all...
- The Doctor: Pond, put some trousers on.